USP of IICM
- Quality training input.
- Utilizes the best expertise available in Coal Sector. Professionals are also drawn from industry and academics as visiting faculty to augment efforts of core faculty of IICM.
- Well-equipped computer lab, software packages, internet laboratory and broad band internet access through leased line.
- Excellent library having more than 6000 relevant books as well as national/ international journals.
- World class infra-structure and support facilities like gymnasium, swimming pool, indoor and outdoor sports facilities.
- Hostel facilities provide tranquil staying environment with twin sharing rooms.
- Experienced Yoga teachers. A training day starts by demonstrating/sharing the nuances of Indian Yoga and meditation to participants.
- Training of body-mind-soul is in continuum at IICM and life moves on ..
Indian Institute of Coal Management is committed to training and development of executives of its customer organizations through need based training programmes while maintaining highest standards in quality of academic and support services.
- To strive to fulfil training need through formal and non-formal means for meeting organisational goals.
- To continuously improve upon the quality of deliverables based on direct and inbuilt feedback from participants.
- To catalyse creativity, fellowship bond, leadership, team spirit, discipline and respect for values.
- To provide a conducive ambience for learning through excellent hospitality and support services.
- To provide solutions to business related problems through consultancy services to companies.
Faculty & Pedagogy
IICM has a mix of highly experienced and qualified core faculty as well as a group of visiting faculty from customer organisations and reputed academic institutions to combine theoretical rigour with application.
Eminent academicians, policy makers from government and senior executives from industry are frequently invited to deliver lectures at IICM.
The pedagogy is interactive as well as participative and the methods include lectures, case discussions, seminars, group discussion, business games, role plays, simulation exercises, structured & semi-structured group work and field visits.
The training methods include lectures, case studies, seminars, group discussions, business games, role plays, simulation exercises, structured & semi-structured group work and field visits. Training programme also include study tour to industries, mines and institutes within the country and abroad.
- The main academic block houses lecture halls, class rooms, syndicate rooms, computer centre, internet lab, library and a cafeteria.
- Angar, a small museum depicts key activities of coal mining sector and IICM visuals.
- Entire campus is networked through Local Area Network.
- 'Disha' an air-conditioned auditorium equipped with multimedia projection system and modern conferencing facilities with a capacity to accommodate 250 persons.
- 'Hall of Culture' a conference hall with modern conferencing facilities and a capacity to accommodate 100 persons.
- 'Habitat' a 46 room (92 beds) hostel with modern amenities
- 'Gurukul' an 80 bed hostel with modern amenities
- 'Dronacharya', 'Vidyasagar', 'Damodar' and 'Suvarnarekha' - faculty houses for the visiting faculty.
- Health Centre comprising of yoga hall, gymnasium, steam bath, sauna bath, jacuzzi.
- Swimming Pool.
- Indoor & outdoor games like Billiards, Table Tennis, Hard Court Tennis, Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Badminton etc.
- Dispensary with part time doctor.
- DG set for back up electric supply in the campus
- High speed 10 MBPS internet access